Psalm 19:1a "The heavens declare the glory of God"
Day 141 – Psalm 19
“The heavens declare the glory of God” Psalm 19:1a
Psalm 19 has a straightforward superscription which reads:
“To the Chief Musician: A Psalm of David.”
1. This was another psalm of the prolific writer David.
2. It was sent to the Chief Musician to be added to the growing collection of psalms.
There are similarities between Psalm 8 and Psalm 19. Both see David turning his thoughts on the creation of God.
1. Impressed by God’s creation.
2. Impact of Meditation on God’s creation.
The Psalmist David found himself expressing awe as he stood before the Lord.
There are also differences between Psalm 8 and Psalm 19.
1. The latter psalm has an even greater focus on the creation of God.
2. It adds a new line of thought- on the subject of God’s word.
TAKING TIME TO THINK ABOUT GOD’S CREATION
There are some who deny the existence of God. As far as David was concerned, creation more than proved the reality of God.
“The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork.
Day unto day utters speech,
And night unto night reveals knowledge.”