"To whom be glory forever and ever. Amen."
Text: Galatians 1:5
ESTABLISHING THE ROLE OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
The apostle Paul certainly took great pains to establish the role of the Lord Jesus Christ. In the opening words to the churches of Galatia, he listed a number of roles that Jesus played.
1. He is the risen Lord Jesus (Galatians 1:3).
2. He is the Christ of God (Galatians 1:3).
3. He is the One who gave His life to redeem us from our sins (Galatians 1:4).
4. He is the One who delivers us from this present evil age (Galatians 1:4).
5. He is the Co-Giver of grace and peace (Galatians 1:3).
ESTABLISHING THE ROLE OF GOD THE FATHER
Just as carefully, Paul sought to establish the role of God the Father.
1. He is to be reverently regarded as God the Father (Galatians 1:1).
2. He is to be held in awe as the One who raised Jesus from the dead (Galatians 1:1).
3. He is the Co-Giver of grace and peace (Galatians 1:3).
4. He is the Author of Divine will.
a) To which Jesus submitted Himself most willingly.
b) To which Paul submitted himself and became an apostle.
c) To which all believers must seek to comply.
GIVING GLORY TO GOD
Paul took great pains to express that glory must be given to God.
To whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.