"To God, alone wise, be glory through Jesus Christ, forever."
Text: Romans 16:27
GIVING GLORY TO GOD
Let us read the doxology written by the Apostle Paul in its entirety.
“Now to Him who is able to establish you
according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ,
according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret
since the world began,
But now made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures
made known to all nations,
according to the commandment of the everlasting God,
for the obedience to the faith-
to God, alone wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen.”
Paul felt that there were just so many wonderful things to thank God for. His heart was so full that he could not but extol the Lord and to desire to give Him all glory.
1. Giving glory to God for His work of establishing us in our faith.
2. Giving glory to God for giving us the Gospel of Christ.
3. Giving glory to God for the revelation of the mystery of the Gospel.
4. Giving glory to God for the prophetic Scriptures.
5 Giving glory to God for being who He is (some attributes are highlighted here).
a) That He is the everlasting God.
b) That He is the only One who has infinite wisdom.
GIVING GLORY THROUGH THE PERSON OF THE LORD JESUS
Paul closes his epistle to the Romans with words of profound gratitude for the Lord Jesus Christ!
1. He is the theme of Gospel preaching (Romans 16:25)
2. He is the Mediator of the New Covenant (Cf. 1 Timothy 2:5)
Without the Lord Jesus Christ, it would not have been possible to comprehend God and embrace His plan of redemption. It is fitting that glory should be given to God the Father. It is just as fitting to extol the Lord Jesus Christ as the One through whom we may give glory to God the Father. May the Spirit of God grant us wisdom and revelation!