Psalm 25:1 "To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul."
Day 186 – Psalm 25
“To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.” Psalm 25:1
We have another simple statement of Davidic authorship in the superscription.
Psalm 25 deals with a variety of subjects. They include the following:-
1. The problem of enemies Psalm 25:1-3
2. The paths of God Psalm 25:4-5
3. The power of sin Psalm 25:6-7
4. The promise of blessing Psalm 25:8-15
5. The pain of affliction Psalm 25:16-20
6. The preservation of life Psalm 25:21-22
A SOUL-DEEP PRAYER TO GOD
Prayer to David was never a ritual he had to perform. His prayers to God always came from the depth of his soul. Hence he began Psalm 25 with these words
“To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
O my God, I trust in You;
Let me not be ashamed;
Let not my enemies triumph over me.”