Psalm 19:14 "Acceptable in Your sight"
Day 148 – Psalm 19
“Acceptable in Your sight” Psalm 19:14
DIVISION OF MEDITATIVE THOUGHTS
Psalm 19 may be divided into three main thoughts:-
1. Meditation on how the heavens declare the glory of God (Psalm 19:1-6).
2. Meditation on the glory of God’s word (Psalm 19:7-11).
3. Meditation on the sinful inclinations of man (Psalm 19:12-13)
[David used himself as an example]
ONE FINAL THOUGHT
David concluded Psalm 19 with these words.
“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.”
1. Acknowledgment of the greatness of God
An appropriate conclusion:-
a) He is Creator-God.
b) He is LORD.
c) He is the Source of strength.
d) He is Redeemer.
2. Awareness of the subtle danger of sin
a) Words from the mouth may be presumptuously uttered.
b) Meditation of the heart may be erroneous.
3. Acceptable in Your sight
a) Prayer is not taken for granted.
b) Prayer involves words that have been carefully thought through (meditated upon).
May we cultivate this precious consciousness of the greatness of God!