"It is God who arms me with strength"
Day 138 – Psalm 18
“It is God who arms me with strength” Psalm 18:32
Adoration involves “an emotional burst of praise”. But it must also be said adoration is well backed up by personal experience of God. (Psalm18:32-36 details a good number of reasons why David exulted in God).
1. God gave strength (Psalm 18:32a).
2. God makes our ways “perfect” (Psalm 18:32b).
3. God enables us to walk with certainty (Psalm 18:33a).
4. God enables us to triumph [“sets me on high places”] (Psalm 18:33b).
5. God teaches us vital lessons on survival:-
a) “He teaches my hands to make war” (Psalm18:34a).
b) “My arms can bend a bow of bronze” (Psalm 18:34b).
6. God offers protection
a) Shield (Psalm 18:35a)
b) Salvation [deliverance)] (Psalm 18:35a)
7. God upholds (Psalm 18:35b)
8. God grants greatness (Psalm 18:35c)
9. God enlarges the path of our life so that we would not slip (Psalm 18:36)
(Contrast… of a very narrow and difficult path where we may fall easily)
TAKING TIME FOR REFLECTION
When was the last time we had a burst of adoring feelings towards God? It would be wonderful if we were to have more such experiences of loving feelings toward the Lord! But how may this come about?