"The life that He lives, He lives to God..."
Text: Romans 6:10
A BEAUTIFUL CONTRAST BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH
Paul was not just a master theologian, he was also skilled at painting pictures with words. What a beautiful picture he has painted in the following text. The subject matter is that of life and death, in stark contrast.
“For the death that he died, He died to sin once for all;
but the life that He lives, He lives to God.”
There was great significance in the death of Christ! His death was not like that of the ordinary human being.
1. He died to deal with the problem of man’s sin.
2. He died fulfilling God’s plan for man’s redemption.
3. He died vicariously on man’s behalf.
4. He died to sin- once for all.
5. He died that He might crucify the old man with Him.
There is great significance in the life of Christ! Let us ponder the statement that Paul made about how Jesus saw His life.
“…The life that He lives, He lives to God.”
1. Jesus was always conscious of the preciousness of life.
a) When He saw illness, He sought to heal.
b) When He saw people demonized, He sought to restore.
c) When He saw people in sin, He sought to give salvation.
2. Jesus lived His life, entirely focused on fulfilling all God desired of Him.
a) He lived to fulfill God’s requirements so that He might bring justification to man.
b) He found life’s full meaning in living for God.
A CHALLENGE TO LIVE FOR GOD
Let us be challenged to live as fully for God as Christ Jesus did!