"We believe that we shall also live with Him..."
Text: Romans 6:8
FACT AND FAITH
How important it is to connect faith with fact! They were never meant to be mutually exclusive. They complement each other effectively. Let us ponder how we may blend both fact and faith.
“Now if we died with Christ,
we believe that we shall also live with Him”
1. Christ died on the cross at Calvary.
2. Christ died on behalf of all sinners.
3. Christ destroyed the sinful nature.
4. Christ died that sin and its power may be destroyed utterly.
1. We need to exercise faith in the following doctrines:-
a) That Christ has crucified our old man (our sinful nature).
b) That sin can no longer claim us as its subject.
c) That we have freedom in the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. We need to exercise faith in the practical areas of our life:-
a) That we are truly freed from being in bondage to sin.
b) That we are able to live for the Lord as we were meant to do:-
i) We are able to live a life of power over sin.
ii) We will find in Christ “a new life”.
THE NEED TO EXERCISE OUR FAITH ACTIVELY
Many believers appear to have more facts than they have faith! Few have taken their faith seriously enough to prove for themselves that they are able to live triumphantly over the dominion of sin. Let us recall the example of Abraham as the father of both physical and spiritual Israel. Let there be a more effective faith in our life.