"There is no fear of God before their eyes."
Text: Romans 3:18
INDICTMENT OF MAN
The Scriptures soberly records the sinful state of man. The following is a terrifying list of sins that mankind is guilty of:-
1. None righteous (Romans 3:10)
2. None who truly understands God (Romans 3:11a)
3. None who sincerely seeks after God (Romans 3:11b)
4. All have turned aside (Romans 3:12a)
5. Altogether become unprofitable (Romans 3:12b)
6. None who does good (Romans 3:12c)
7. Practice of deceit with the tongue (Romans 3:13a)
8. Poisonous tongues (Romans 3:13b)
9. Full of cursing and bitterness (Romans 3:14)
10. Swift to shed blood (Romans 3:15)
11. Destruction and the causing of misery (Romans 3:16)
12. The way of peace is unknown (Romans 3:17)
13. No fear of God (Romans 3:18)
WHAT THE TEXTS DO NOT MEAN
1. Man has not become pure evil like the Devil,
2. Man is not beyond redemption despite his sinfulness.
WHAT THE TEXTS DO MEAN
1. Man has been tainted by sin (in varying degrees).
2. Every man is guilty of one or more sins.
3. Man must recognize his state of sin, and that he needs salvation from God.