"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the LORD and not to men." Colossians 3:23
Text: Exodus 37 : 1-29
If we were to look at the different types of work needed to build the Tabernacle, we could describe each type of work as a project. Bezalel had already completed four projects successfully.
1. The Curtain Project Exodus 36:8-19
2. The Tabernacle Wall project Exodus 36:20-34
3. The Veil Project Exodus 36:35-36
4. The Screen Door Project Exodus 36:37
These projects required different sets of skills! Whereas those who were only skilled at making curtains, or doing woodwork could relax after their part was done, it was not so with Bezalel! Being the responsible man that he was, he went on from one project to another. He was involved in all the projects, either directly or indirectly. With giftedness also came great responsibility.
FULL ATTENTION TO OTHER PROJECTS
The following projects required as much attention.
1. Making the Ark of the Testimony Exodus 37:1-9
2. Making the Showbread Table Exodus 37:10-16
3. Making the Golden Lampstand Exodus 37:17-24
4. Making of the Altar of Incense Exodus 37:25-28
5. Making of the Anointing Oil Exodus 37:29
ATTENTION TO EVERY LITTLE DETAIL
The kind of attention Bezalel needed to give to these projects may be highlighted by the description of the way he made the golden lampstand.
“He also made the lampstand of pure gold;
of hammered work he made the lampstand.
Its shaft, its branches, its bowls, its ornamental knobs,
and its flowers were of the same piece…
Of a talent of pure gold he made it, with all its utensils.”
EXODUS 37:17, 24