Browse by Books of the Bible
- Old Testament
- 1 Samuel
- 2 Samuel
- 1 Kings
- 2 Kings
- 1 Chronicles
- 2 Chronicles
- Song of Solomon
- New Testament
- 1 Corinthians
- 2 Corinthians
- 1 Thessalonians
- 2 Thessalonians
- 1 Timothy
- 2 Timothy
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter
- 1 John
- 2 John
- 3 John
- Browse by Topics
Browse by Series
A systematic reading of the Scriptures, portioned to complement your daily time spent with God.
A weekly pastoral column that complements the pulpit messages and bimonthly theme.
- Grace Works
A weekly pastoral letter to minister to young adults, inspired by the grace of God.
- Youth Walk
A weekly pastoral letter written to encourage young people in their daily walk with God.
- Parenting by the Book
A series from the Book of Proverbs that teaches us how to bring up children and build good Christian homes.
- Morning Worship Messages
Message notes from every Sunday’s Morning Worship with a common bimonthly theme.
- Evening-Bilingual Worship Messages
Message notes from every Sunday’s Evening-Bilingual Worship with a common bimonthly theme.
- Prayer Meeting Notes
Notes from our weekly Monday Prayer Meetings
- Bible Study Notes
Notes from our weekly Tuesday Bible Study
- Senior Sunday School 4 Notes
Notes from Pastor Charles’ Sunday School class
- Combined Sunday School Notes
Message notes from Combined Sunday School focusing on the Life and Teachings of Christ Jesus
- Young Adults’ Group Messages
Message notes from our weekly Young Adults’ Group meetings.
- Young People’s Group Messages
Message notes from our weekly Young People’s Group meetings.
- Family Camp Messages
Message notes from our annual family camps where different themes are explored every year.
- Spiritual & YAG Retreat Messages
Message notes from our biannual Spiritual & YAG Retreats that serve to instruct, correct and regenerate.
- Youth Conference Messages
Message notes from our annual youth conferences where young people learn the relevance of faith.
2nd Retreat: The Great Makeover Session 4
1 November 2005
YAG RETREAT II
Tuesday, 1 November 2005
Theme: The Great Makeover
CONTEMPLATION OF TRIUMPH OVER SIN
A. The Blessings of God Ephesians 1
B. The Redemption in Christ
1. Appreciating our salvation in Christ
a) Before salvation
b) Salvation by grace
c) Through the Lord Jesus Christ Ephesians 2
2. Doctrine of Salvation
Well covered in the Epistle to the Romans
C. The Power of God
1. Prayer for the power of God to operate in life Ephesians 1
2. An appreciation of the greatness of God’s power in our life Ephesians 3
D. The Ministry of the Church
1. Ministers of God Ephesians 3, 4
2. Members of the Body of Christ Ephesians 4:15-16
A. The Triumphant Redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ
1. Justification by grace
Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus
2. The Place of Faith
Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace…
Therefore, having being justified by faith…
3. Access to God
Through whom (Christ) also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God
4. The Hope God has placed in our heart
And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
5. The Gift of the Spirit of God
Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
6. The Promise of Grace
But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more…
B. The Continuing Sanctifying Work of God
1. Our Identification with Christ in Baptism
Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life
2. Our old sinful nature is crucified with Christ
Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin
3. Set free from the power of sin
And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness
4. Newness of the Spirit
So that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit
5. Deliverance through the Lord Jesus
O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God – through Jesus Christ our Lord
C. THE SPECIAL WORK OF TRANSFORMATION
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord
2 Corinthians 3:18
1. The work of transforming us into the image of the Lord Jesus
2. This is a special work of the Spirit of God
3. There will be a glorious transformation
D. RETREAT CHALLENGES
1. It is vital that we understand that Change is to be found in the context of the Redemptive work of Christ
2. It is of utmost importance that we wait patiently as we observe how the Spirit of God works in our life, transforming us.
3. Our part:
a) To understand
b) To appreciate
c) To yield to the leading of the Spirit of God